Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Canine pet food is specially formulated by nutritionists & veterinarians to help manage the risk of oxalate & struvite stones in dogs.
These characteristics make Prescription Diet® c/d® Mutlicare Canine veterinary exclusive pet food useful as a nutritional aid for dogs with struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis:
MagnesiumPhosphorusCalcium Controlled Helps limit the building blocks for formation of struvite & calcium oxalate stones Sodium Controlled Helps reduce calcium excretion into the urine Antioxidants + Omega-3 Fatty Acids Added Reduce inflammation associated with UTI and uroliths. Generates an environment unfavorable to the development of uroliths Potassium Citrate Added Inhibits calcium oxalate crystals and uroliths Glycosaminoglycan’s (GAG’s) Added Restore and fortify bladder lining
100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. If you are not satisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to your Hill's authorized retailer for a full refund or replacement.
Made in our own USA facilities with U.S. and imported ingredients.
- Struvite and calcium oxalate crystalluria and urolithiasis (helps dissolve struvite uroliths and reduces the risk of recurrence/occurrence of struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis.)
Not Recommended For:
- Growing puppies, pregnant or nursing dogs.
- Patients with concurrent use of urinary acidifiers, non-struvite or non-calcium oxalate crystalluria, hyperlipidemia, pancreatitis, history of pancreatitis or at risk of pancreatitis
- Helps dissolve struvite stones.
- Reduce inflammation associated with UTI and stones. Restore and fortify the GAG layer and optimize the bladder environment.
- Common urinary bacteria can cleave urea, increasing urinary ammonia levels and urinary pH, thus predisposing to struvite formation. Monitoring urinalysis is recommended. An elevated urine pH may indicate a recurrent bacterial infection. Note: Urine pH of individual dogs may vary due to complicating factors such as time of feeding before urine collection, type of urine collection, individual animal variation, and test methodology.
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Other Products to Consider
- For faster struvite urolith dissolution: Prescription Diet® s/d® Canine (can be fed up to 6 months). Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Canine is for long-term urinary management.
- For struvite urolithiasis management in obese prone dogs: Prescription Diet® w/d® Canine has similar characteristics to Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Canine in a low-calorie formula.
- To control non-struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet® u/d® Canine.
- Prescription Diet® Treats are an excellent nutritional complement to Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Canine.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. Monitoring your patient's condition will assure the nutritional recommendation provides the best results.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
Weight of dog Amount per day 5 lb (2,3 kg) 1/2 cup (50 g) 10 lb (4,5 kg) 7/8 cup (85 g) 15 lb (6,8 kg) 1 1/4 cups (125 g) 20 lb (9,1 kg) 1 1/2 cups (150 g) 30 lb (14 kg) 2 cups (200 g) 40 lb (18 kg) 2 2/3 cups (265 g) 50 lb (23 kg) 3 cups (295 g) 60 lb (27 kg) 3 1/2 cups (345 g) 70 lb (32 kg) 4 cups (395 g) 80 lb (36 kg) 4 1/3 cups (430 g) 100 lb (45 kg) 5 1/4 cups (520 g)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal, Pork Fat, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Egg Product, Soybean Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Flaxseed, Pork Liver Flavor, L-Lysine, Calcium Sulfate, Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
3775 kcal/kg (375 kcal/cup†)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 19.3 21.0 5.1 g / 100 kcal Fat 15.9 17.3 4.2 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 50.0 54.3 13.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 2.7 3.0 0.7 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.59 0.64 155 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.48 0.53 128 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.63 0.68 166 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.23 0.25 60 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.091 0.099 24 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 654 IU/kg 711 IU/kg 17.33 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.64 0.70 171 mg / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.